Friday, November 7, 2014

Prayer of praise in sport

Father,

I praise You for being the Almighty God, Creator of all things.

I praise You for creating men and women with the capacity to play.

I praise You for the privilege to creatively work.

I praise You for the ability to honorably compete.

I praise You for the love we have between teammates.

I praise You for the provision of coaches and support staff.

I praise You for the honor and respect we experience among our opponents and the officials.

I praise You for the thrills and anguish we feel in our souls as we train and compete.

I praise You for filling our lives with joy and fulfillment through sport.

You are worthy of all praise in the pool, on the floor, the pitch, the field, and in all places occupied by men and women of sport.

I pray and praise You in Jesus' marvelous name,

Amen.