Saturday, June 13, 2015

Thanksgiving in Sport

Gracious Father in heaven,

I am daily thankful for all that comes with my life in (sport).

I am thankful for the athletic Abilities you have given me.

I am thankful for Bruises that heal.

I am thankful for Coaches who teach me.

I am thankful for Dreams of competing at my absolute best.

I am thankful for Excellence to pursue.

I am thankful for the Freedom You have given my soul.

I am thankful for the Grace You give me daily.

I am thankful for the Honor of representing You in (sport).

I am thankful for Imagination as I creatively express my heart in (sport).

I am thankful for Jesus' faithfulness.

I am thankful for the Kindness I experience in my sporting life.

I am thankful for the Love of God I feel when I compete.

I am thankful for Muscles to stretch, to flex, and to test.

I am thankful for the Newness of life I have in Christ.

I am thankful for Opportunities to serve You in (sport).

I am thankful for Perseverance through testing.

I am thankful for Quiet moments to hear Your voice.

I am thankful for Rest and Recovery.

I am thankful for Sport.

I am thankful for Teammates.

I am thankful for the Unity I sense with my teammates.

I am thankful for Victories won in (sport).

I am thankful for the Wonders of my life as a Christian competitor.

I am thankful for Your Spirit being the Xray of my heart and its desires.

I am thankful for You.

I am thankful for Zeal with which to pursue (sport) and life in Christ Jesus.

Amen.